Reports and Publications
- 2017-2018 Libro Professorship of Regional Economic Development Annual Report (2018 | Gibson)
- 2016-2017 Libro Professorship of Regional Economic Development Annual Report (2017 | Gibson)
- Infrastructure Impacts on Rural and Economic Development (2017 | Gibson et al.)
- 2015 Vital Signs: Social Sector in Nova Scotia Report (CFNS, Fitzgibbons, Gibson, et al.)
- Borderlands: Facilitating and Enhancing Cross Border Collaboration (2015 | Gibson and Bray)
- The State of Rural Canada 2015 (2015 | Markey, Breen, Gibson, Lauzon, Ryser, and Mealy)
- The State of Rural Nova Scotia (2015 | Gibson, Fitzgibbons, and Nunez)
Presentations and Posters
- Re-embedded Wealth: Opportunities for Rural Revitalization and Sustainability (2018 | Gibson). Presented at the Community Wealth Forum, Cobourg, Ontario.
- Gazing into the Crystal Ball: Future Trends in Regional Economic Development (2017 | Gibson) . Presented at the Collaboration for Success Conference, Kingsville, Ontario.
- Community Development Tools for Advancing Recreation (2017 | Gibson). Presented at the On the Hunt for Quality Recreation Conference, Warman, Saskatchewan.
- Reading the Tea Leaves: What Rural Demography Tells Us (2017 | Gibson). Presented at the Shift! Thriving in Change in Kimberly, British Columbia.
- Examining the Role of Place-based Collective Endowments in the Canadian Periphery (2017 | Gibson, Furst, Stoop, Markey, Vodden). Poster presented at Different by Design Conference in Nelson, British Columbia.
- What Makes Good Provincial Rural Policy? (2017 | Gibson) Poster presented at the Different by Design Conference in Nelson, British Columbia.
- Rural Immigration and Welcoming Communities: Ideas and Inspirations (2017 | Gibson). Presented at the Building a 21st Century Workforce in Nelson, British Columbia.
- Rural Matters: Realities, Implications, and Opportunities (2017 | Gibson). Presented at the Forum for Colleges and Institutes Serving Rural, Remote, and Northern Communities, Colleges and Institutes Canada in Ottawa, Ontario.
- CRRF E-Newsletter: Knowledge Mobilization in Action (2017 | Gibson). Presented at the Rural Policy Learning Commons’ Webinar.
- Place-based Development in Rural Areas (2017 | Gibson). Presented at Rural Crossroads: Challenges and Opportunities for Rural Development in Bologna, Italy.
- Talking Governance for Regional Development (2016 | Gibson). Presented at the Our Way Forward: Sharing Knowledge and Building Capacity for Regional Development in St Anthony, Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Growing Prosperity: Libro Professorship in Regional Economic Development in Southwestern Ontario (2016 | Gibson). Presented at the 2016 Libro Fall Forum in London, Ontario.
- Investing in Communities (2016 | Gibson). Presented at the Investing in our Communities, Our Future in Plum Point, Newfoundland.
- Facilitating Rural Policy Connections (2016 | Gibson and Horrocks). Presented at the Buiding Vibrant Rural Futures Confernce in Guelph, Ontario.
- New Realities, New Strategies: Moving Rural and Northern Communities Forward (2016 | Gibson). Presented at the Northern Planning Authorities Workshop in Sudbury, Ontario.
- Re-embedding Wealth? Place, Philanthropy, and Policy (2016 | Gibson). Presented at the SEDRD Symposium Series in Guelph, Ontario.
- The Collaborative Governance Conundrum: A Preliminary Analysis of New Regionalism in BC, ON, QC, and NL (2015 | Nakashima, Gibson, and Vodden). Presented at the Building Community Resilience Conference in Summerside, PEI.
Videos, Webinars and Podcasts
- From Black Horses to White Steeds: Building Community Resilience (2017 | November | Brinklow, Gibson, Beaton, Jennings, Kraehling, McGowan, McCarville, O’Keeffe, Pollak, and Rich)
- Social Media and Knowledge Mobilization (2017, March | Fürst, Reibling, Jensen, Fullwood, Gibson, Blatherwick)
- Regional Governance, Place, and Collaboration (2016, November | Gibson)
- Rural Routes Podcast on Northern Housing (2016, November | Gibson and Fürst)
- Rural Development through Regionalism? A participatory workshop to share lessons and chart a future for rural Canada (2016, October | Vodden, Gibson, Duff, Jean, and Pollett)
- State of Rural Canada Webinar (2016, September | Markey, Gibson, Hall, Lauzon, Greenwood, Southcott)
- Policy Issues in the North (2016, July | Loring, Hall, Gibson)
- Comparative Rural and Regional Policy in Canada (2016, July | Hall, Gibson)
- Philanthropy in Rural Nova Scotia (2016, January | Kevany, Gibson)
- Rural Routes Podcast on the State of Rural Canada (2015, March | Gibson, Markey, and Furst)
- Rural Routes Podcast on Building Community Philanthropy (2015, April | Gibson and Furst)
Research Project Fact Sheets
- Canadian Regional Development Project Fact Sheet
- Making a Difference: Effectiveness of Provincial Rural Policy (2017-2019)
- Place-Based Endowments in the Periphery (2017-2020)
- Regional Workforce Development in Rural British Columbia Project Fact Sheet (2016-2019)
- Rural Policy Learning Commons Project Fact Sheet (2015-2021)
- Rural Routes Podcast Project Fact Sheet (2016-2017)
- Social Network Analysis of Economic Development Actors (2017-2018)
Thesis and Dissertations
- To stay or to leave? An assessment of the social, economic, and political factors that influence international students when deciding to remain in, or leave Nova Scotia, upon graduation (2016, Jodi-Ann Francis)
- Understanding Rural: A Comparison of Academic, Political and Lay Discourses of Rural (2018, Neil Stoop)