During the recent Vision for a Prosperous Tomorrow Conference hosted by the Ontario Good Roads Association Dr. Ryan Gibson participated in a panel discussion on local and regional economic development strategies. Dr. Gibson was joined on the panel by Kathryn Wood (Eastern Ontario Leadership Council), Elliot Siemiatycki, and Paul Ainslie (Councillor, City of Toronto).
Dr. Gibson’s contribution highlighted key trends impacting current local and regional economic development initiatives in Ontario and across Canada. Building on these trends, innovative local economic development initiatives and strategies were highlighted from across Canada, including:
- Import Replacement from the Centre for Local Prosperity (Nova Scotia)
- MIDAS Lab (British Columbia)
- Community Economic Development Corporations (New Brunswick)
- Community Economic Development Investment Funds (Nova Scotia)
- Rural 3.0: A Framework for Rural Development from the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (International)
Click here for a copy of Dr. Gibson’s presentation. Further information on the 2020 Ontario Good Roads Association Conference can be found here.